Dear Target Guest,
In light of the recent intrusion into our information systems, we recommend the following tips to guard against possible scams in the future:
- Never share information with anyone over the phone, email or text, even if they claim to be someone you know or do business with. Instead, ask for a call-back number.
- Delete texts immediately from numbers or names you don’t recognize.
- Be wary of emails that ask for money or send you to suspicious websites.
- Don’t click links within emails you don’t recognize.
- If there is an unauthorized surveillance camera in your bathroom, paint over the lens to protect your privacy. (Note: Use the attached 10% discount coupon to purchase supplies for this project. Offer expires April 23, 2014.)
Thank you for your patience and loyalty to Target.
Chairman, President and CEO